Under the direction of the supervisor, develops lesson plans and presents lessons in subject areas to students. Plans, organizes, and implements an appropriate instructional program and learning environment for students.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of physical education activities.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and safety checks on physical education equipment.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Differentiates physical education instruction.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university and be eligible to obtain a Georgia Clear and Renewable Teacher Certificate as required by statute.
- Hold a Provisional Georgia Educator’s Certificate AND eligible to obtain a Georgia Clear and Renewable Teacher Certificate as required by statute.