- Colorado teaching license with an appropriate Physical Education endorsement required.
- Additional endorsement in English Learning Professional Development required, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education preferred, *or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework. *
- English Learner Professional Development endorsement required; An endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education is preferred (or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework.)
- Bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish preferred.
- Develop rigorous and relevant lesson plans, which ensure instruction is connected to standards, differentiated to support learning, engages all students in authentic and productive learning, and ensures smooth classroom management.
- Provide students with skills necessary to meet or exceed the Grade Level Expectations of the Colorado Model Content Standards with defined sequential outcomes, authentic and engaging instruction, and modeled assessment expectations.
- Clearly communicate student progress and achievements throughout course work with students and parents.
- Maintain professional communications and interactions with students, parent community, and staff.
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with colleagues across content areas and participate in planning meetings to develop integrated instruction and improve teaching practices, including rigorous curriculum, authentic instruction, and multiple assessment strategies.
- Assist students in making connections between core course of study and STEM concepts in a supportive learning environment.
- Attend and take full advantage of the professional development offered.