To develop in each pupil an understanding of the relationship of good body functions and exercise: to motivate each pupil to cultivate Physical fitness, hygienic, health habits, and good social and emotional adjustment; to discover and develop talents of pupils in physical achievement; to develop strength, skill, agility, poise and coordination in individual, dual and team physical activities and sports, in individual, dual and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each pupil’s ability.
- Properly certified in all areas of assignment
- Demonstrate cooperativeness and willingness to carry-out assigned tasks and Performance responsibilities.
- Other qualifications determined necessary by the Board.
- Provide appropriate safety instruction and make safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of pupils.
- Maintain and control the storage and use of school-owned property.
- On a daily basis, oversee that gym floors are clean and cared for, and make sure that custodians/maintenance personnel keep the gymnasium and/or multi-purpose building clean at all times, to include the shower(s), dressing rooms, storage rooms, lobby, porch, concession areas, weight room, rest rooms and office.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Evaluate each pupil’s growth in physical skills, knowledge and contribution in team sports.
- Maintain professional competencies through in-service education provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Participate cooperatively with the principal or his/her designee to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.