- Embrace the diversity of the Weston Public Schools by fostering an environment of respect and inclusion.
- Establish a culture of learning that reflects the educational importance of the work.
- Establish and monitor routines and procedures for the smooth operation of the classroom and the efficient use of time.
- Manage student behavior to allow for high levels of engagement with the content.
- Model a precise and expressive use of language to effectively communicate with students, including: expectations for learning, directions for activities, and explanations of content.
- Use questions, prompts, and discussion techniques to cognitively challenge students, advance high-level thinking and discourse, and promote metacognition.
- Intellectually engage all students in learning through well-designed learning tasks and activities that require complex thinking, and include appropriate scaffolding.
- Utilize formative and summative assessments to drive instructional planning, monitor student learning, provide feedback to students, and facilitate students’ self-monitoring of learning.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Massachusetts teaching license in physical education (PrK-8).
- Experience teaching in a diverse public school setting preferred.
The Weston Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, or disability.