- Possess a valid Colorado Teacher License with appropriate endorsement in the area you are teaching or obtain one prior to start.
- Candidates with endorsements in CLDE, Bilingual Ed, Foreign Language, and/or sheltered content or other English Language instructional training desired.
- Be up to date on current learning theory and state of the art pedagogy in teaching.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with students, staff members, parents and administrators.
- Has knowledge and experience of and/or willingness to gain knowledge of Competency-based Education approaches.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.
- Bilingual desired.
- Displays a thorough knowledge of the subject matter and the District's prescribed curriculum.
- Plans instruction consistent with the District's curriculum for assigned subject areas/grade levels.
- Plans for student differences and adjusts instruction to meet student needs.
- Implements continuous system of evaluations and provide students with specific feedback.
- Serves as facilitator and coordinator of learning.
- Establishes an effective system for classroom discipline per Board Policy and building regulations.
- Organizes students for effective instruction to maximize the learning time for all students.
Westminster Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. District policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, or other legally protected characteristics.