Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
Instructs pupils in citizenship, basic communications skills, and other general elements of the course of study common to all teachers, as specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning balanced physical education programs, adapting daily schedules to accommodate weather conditions and to provide time for changing clothes, instruction, exercise, and sports activities.
Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movements.
Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil, to an extent feasible.
May teach one or more classes of adapted physical education for students with orthopedic and/or medical problems.
WORK PLACE EXPECTATIONS:
- Work effectively with and respond to diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior, speech, and dress in a neat, clean and professional manner for the assignment and work setting.
- Have regular and punctual attendance.
- Follow all District policies, work procedures, and reasonable requests by the proper authorities.
- As an employee of Beaufort County School District, I am to adhere to confidentiality as directed by Federal, State and Local Laws/Regulations; and in accordance with district administrative rules as it pertains to sensitive information, employee information and student information. Failure to adhere to confidentiality may result in disciplinary actions, up to and including termination of employment.