- Demonstrate strong classroom/learning environment and management skills using boundaries and rules to promote students’ self-management and responsibility.
- Adept at behavior management and recognizing the need for prevention, intervention and problem-solving techniques.
- Act as an adult role model for students and colleagues in all behaviors including communication, hygiene, and appearance, management of self, response to stress/challenges and demonstrate professional relationships with others.
- Establish a broad understanding of students’ educational, social and personal challenges and capabilities.
- Maintain a commitment to quality through the effective use of resources including and not limited to time, materials, technology and personnel.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- NYS Education Certification is required for grades 7-12.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet agency driving standards.
Must be able to work full time (40 hour) Monday-Friday between 8:00am – 4:30pm.