Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements.
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect the understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.