- Establishes clear goals and objectives related to the School Improvement Plan. Plans and prepares lessons, assignments, and instructional materials.
- Establishes learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs, curriculum framework, and knowledge of human growth and development.
- Prepares, administers and corrects evaluations and assessments, and records results.
- Selects and uses appropriate instructional strategies including, but not limited to, lectures, group discussions, demonstrations, modeling and multi-media teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
- Evaluates student progress using appropriate assessment techniques. Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Counsels pupils when academic and adjustment problems arise. Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges and participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field of education from a regionally accredited college or university required.
- One (1) year experience with virtual learning technology, remote instruction platforms, Learning Management Systems, and video conferencing tools, if assigned to Virtual Academy required.
- Understanding of the teaching/learning process.
- Ability to provide instruction that reflects multiple perspectives and multicultural education. Ability to infuse technology into curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office and school board staff, students, parents and community.
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Crisis intervention may require participating in physical restraints.