The Teacher is responsible for helping students learn the appropriate subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their growth and development as productive citizens.
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate for grade level and subject.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) from accredited college or university.
- Must possess a valid Arizona IVP fingerprint clearance card.
- Appropriate hours to teach the associated subject matter in accordance with state, federal and district policy, regulations and statutes.
- Complies with all HIPAA and FERPA related confidentiality requirements.
- Develops positive relations with students, parents, school staff and the public.
- Works with the Instructional Coach to maintain best practices in providing high quality instruction based on AZ state standards.
- Attends and engages in professional learning communities and organizational meetings.
- Develops lesson plans and proficiently delivers prescribed curriculum using available digital teaching methods through a "distance learning" educational model.
- Manages student behavior through the effective use of classroom management techniques.
- Creates, organizes, and retains appropriate lesson plans.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting their curriculum objectives as put forward by Arizona’s High Academic Standards for Students.
- Creates a physical and psychological environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals, establishes desired student performance objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and to communicate these objectives to students.