Under general direction, incumbent(s) provides quality instruction through planned lessons, diagnosing learning needs, creating and leading engaging learning activities, utilizing assessments to monitor student progress, and communicating with administration and parents. Creating a flexible classroom environment favorable to learning and personal growth to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed.
- Teaches district approved curriculum and Arizona State standards.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conference, etc.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates students' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Plans and coordinate the work of teacher aides, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of student work.
- Obtain and Maintain an appropiate Arizona Department of Education Teaching Certification for the position hired.
- Obtain and Maintain an Arizona Department of Public Safety Identify Verified Fingerprint Clearance Card.