- Designs well-structured units and engaging lessons guided by the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and district standards.
- Fosters a growth mindset in all students based on a firm understanding of adolescent development.
- Uses a variety of timely assessments to measure and report student progress.
- Passionate and optimistic about their students, their content, and the teaching profession.
- Differentiates and scaffolds instruction while providing clear and high expectations.
- Relates subject matter to real-world settings and to other content areas.
- Creates a class climate that promotes inclusion, embraces diversity, and maintains equity.
- Builds relationships of regard and respect with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Engages families with effective two-way communication to support student achievement.
- Certified or certifiable by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education in the field of Physical Education 5-12.
- Minimum 5 years work experience.
- Two years teaching experience preferred not required.
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required.
- Ability to work as part of a team to foster a positive working relationship with students and staff.
Minuteman High School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.