This position requires a dynamic individual to teach Physical Education (PE) at the middle school level (grades 6-8). Applicants must have a working knowledge of the Physical Education Common Core State Standards and be willing to meet the needs of all students. The ideal candidate must have a strong background in Physical Education content, as well as proven classroom management and instructional strategies.
- Oregon Certification with Physical Education endorsement as determined by Oregon Teacher Standards & Practices Commission.
- Must meet Highly Qualified standards.
- Plan and present a program of study that meets the individual needs of middle school students.
- Be competent in teaching to the Common Core State Standards for Physical Education.
- Provide a classroom environment conducive to learning stressing responsibility and skill learning.
- Assess, prescribe and evaluate student performance based upon objective centered instruction through data analysis and student learning growth goals.
- Assess classroom work samples according to the Oregon state assessment guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with staff.
- Adhere to state, district and school policies.
- Communicate with parents and community on a regular basis.
- Be a strong student advocate and interact with positive relationships working with students.
- Supervise female locker room.
- Be competent with instructional technology skills.