The P.E. educator is the primary instructional delivery person for student health and wellness, and fitness and growth. The educator also promotes and supports the center team’s health and wellness. The educator collaborates with school team members and provides strategies and supports for increasing student movement and fitness within the regular classroom. The position is demanding, varied and complex. The educator must be collaborative, a relationship builder, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be well trained in P.E. content knowledge, early learners, and effective and engaging teaching strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate motivation and enthusiasm with a genuine passion for teaching young learners.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a child-centered classroom.
- Facilitates children’s physical, cognitive and social and emotional learning through lessons designed to sequentially develop skills appropriate to their ability and confidence levels.
- Provides engaging, fun, and effective instruction that helps build a health and wellness foundation for young children.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance utilizing curriculum and other appropriate learning activities. 6. Provides maximum participation for all students; differentiates as needed to ensure all students experience success.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Develops engaging and effective lesson plans and supplementary materials.
- Provides ongoing formative feedback to students.
- At least 1 year(s) of relevant experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required.