The High School Teacher is responsible for implementing the District instructional program and educational philosophy in the subject area or grade level designated in accordance with District goals, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned.
- Knowledge of subjects assigned.
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze student performance data.
MAJOR REPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Designs effective lesson plans with immediate and long-range goals.
- Designs lesson that demonstrate real world relevance and integration.
- Uses time effectively.
- Chooses appropriate materials and activities.
- Presents subject matter clearly and interestingly.
- Coordinates and plans with team members.
- Monitors student performance using formative and summative assessments.
- Analyzes student performance data and develops a plain for student success.
- Implements the RTO process when appropriate.
- Participates in professional learning communities.
- Utilizes technology to support, and enhance instructions.