- Develops physical education programs for all students in school.
- Develop daily lessons aligned with Southbridge’s Physical/Education/Heath curriculum in collaboration with leadership team members.
- Collaborate to plan and produce content-driven special events like Field Day.
- Creates rules and materials lists, monitors equipment.
- Participate actively in Southbridge’s coaching and professional development programming.
- Assist with school programming as needed during non-instructional time.
- Runs therapeutic activities in groups designed to help build trust and create team building, increase personal responsibility and positive interactions with others, to problem solve and help change behavior.
- Uphold high academic and behavioral expectations for students.
- Provides group behavior management skills.
- Engages in de-escalation techniques to avoid incidents; discusses and debriefs incidents and problem solves with student/class.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution;
- Hold a valid Massachusetts Teaching License in Physical Education, PreK-8;
- Hold a valid Massachusetts SEI Endorsement OR Grade-level appropriate ESL License;
- Meet all state and federal guidelines in order to be fully licensed and Highly Qualified;
- Current authorization to work in the United States - Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment.
Southbridge Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, disability, religion, age, or sexual orientation.