- Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, creates cognitively demanding tasks, and models the belief that all students can master challenging material through effective effort.
- Assesses students’ understanding regularly with ambitious learning goals in mind and takes ownership of making necessary adjustments to instruction to reach goals despite setbacks.
- Passionate and optimistic about their students, their content, and the teaching profession.
- Communicating Content Knowledge.
- Demonstrates mastery of and enthusiasm for the content area and the pedagogy it requires.
- Demonstrates understanding of how the subject matter applies in real-world settings and connects to other content areas and relevant standards.
- Can convey content in creative and engaging ways that align to standards.
- Education: Hold a Bachelor's degree.
- Meet all state and federal guidelines in order to be fully licensed and Highly Qualified.
- Ability to meet the Standards of Effective Teaching established by the Boston Public Schools as outlined above.
- Current authorization to work in the United States - Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.