- Develop and implement a curriculum that aligns with Illinois State Learning Standards and the district's educational goals.
- Provide effective instruction to students in various aspects of physical education.
- Assess and evaluate students' progress and provide constructive feedback.
- Establish and maintain a positive and inclusive classroom environment.
- Teach students about the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Promote physical fitness and wellness among students.
- Stay current with the latest trends and best practices in physical education and health education.
- Maintain open and effective communication with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Collaborate with other educators, staff members, and administrators to create a supportive educational environment.
- A valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with a Physical Education endorsement.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Physical Education or a related field.
- Previous teaching experience in physical education is preferred.
- CPR and First Aid certification may be required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of educational technology and its integration into the curriculum.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.