Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a safe classroom environment for all students to learn and reach their fullest potential.
- Create thoughtful and well-planned lessons while adhering to the curriculum.
- Maintain an orderly classroom.
- Provide timely and meaningful evaluation/correction of student work.
- Engage students utilizing the Socratic method.
- Lead students through intelligence, charisma, humor, moral integrity, and example.
- Perform additional assigned campus duties.
- Read, know, and support the philosophy, policies, procedures, and other pertinent school data as published in the most current Faculty Handbook and most current Family Handbook.
- Follow school policies and procedures, including the Emergency Response Plan, to ensure the safety and security of students
- Provide reasonable assistance to students in need of individual help; assist students to make up work after approved absences.
- Communicate regularly and as needed with parents.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- For co-curricular subjects (art, music, physical education), teachers with a bachelor’s degree in the subject taught are preferred, or at a minimum 36 hours of higher education credit in the subject area of instruction. (In some cases, a passing grade in a content exam will suffice.)
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- After an offer is accepted, a satisfactory background check as required by state law and the South Carolina Department of Education.
- Dedication to the value of a rigorous liberal arts education.
- Loyalty to the school and ACA’s mission and vision.
- Commitment to model moral character in line with the school’s core virtues and the pursuit of the Good, True, and Beautiful.