Reporting directly to the Building Principal and through a lens of equity, as appropriate for the grade level of students, teachers integrate social emotional learning into the curriculum and engage in culturally responsive teaching.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated;
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students;
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students;
- Prepares for classes assigned;
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a supportive learning environment in the classroom;
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects to communicate these objectives to students;
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required; Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils resolve health, attitude, and learning issues;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities; Creates an effective age-appropriate environment for learning through functional and engaging displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Massachusetts DESE licensure appropriate to the role and level.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community.
- Must be able to assist in the protection of students and school property, and assist in fire and other emergencies or emergency drills as required by law and School Committee policy.
- The ability to work onsite in district schools and buildings is an essential function of this job.