- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students and employs a variety of instructional techniques and media.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and – in harmony with the goals – establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Strive to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education, instructional goals, and objectives.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least one year of full-time teaching experience.
Commitment to ensuring academic success for all students.
- Experience working in an urban setting, preferred.
- Experience working with diverse student populations, preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply student performance data to instructional planning and execution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent teamwork skills.
- Bilingual applicants (Spanish) strongly encouraged to apply.