This position reports to Building Principal and Assistant Director of Athletics. The Physical Education Teacher will develop an exercise philosophy that strives to engage all students. This position requires a high degree of enthusiasm, adaptability, attention to diversity and health disparities.
- Help children develop physical abilities and healthy habits;
- Organize games and challenges that promote physical activity;
- Assesses student progress and determines the need for additional reinforcement or adjustments to instructional techniques;
- Employs various teaching techniques, methods and principles of learning to enable students to meet their physical activity goals;
- Creates a positive learning;
- Employs and implements a classroom structure and consistency to encourage student responsibility, cooperation and mutual respect consistent with district policies and procedures.
- Ability to get all students excited about exercising and eating healthy;
- Effective speaking and listing skills;
- Relishes on using multiple communication methods that are tailored to and facilitate productive conversations with students;
- Great Attendance, work well with colleagues and a dedicated team player who is reliable;
- Applies the critical thinking skills needed to adapt instructional practices to support student physical growth;
- Builds positive and collaborative working relationships with colleagues;
- Practices patience with all students, families and colleagues;
- Always seeking new ways to teach students healthy routines.