- A Bachelor's degree and Pennsylvania State Teaching Certification in required content area.
- Must also obtain 24 additional education credits within six years of hire to obtain permanent certification.
- A commitment to accelerating student achievement, eliminate racial disparities, and create a positive school/district culture.
- Ability to foster and promote innovation.
- The ability to be a culturally-responsive educator who knows how to leverage students' unique skills, interests, and learning styles to create a learning experience that unequivocally includes and empowers each and every student.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and energy in making a difference in the lives of students.
- Proven ability to empathize with students and prepare them to achieve academic excellence and strength of character so they have the opportunity to succeed in all aspects of life.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and submit lesson plans in the approved format to the Principal.
- Implement rigorous and culturally relevant curriculum content to students .
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying learning styles, needs and interest while collaboratively working with other teachers and central office staff.
- Ensure students are demonstrating knowledge and skills through projects and activities.
- Manage a wide array of student needs and behaviors in the classroom and throughout the school.
- Provides a safe environment for students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student attendance and grades in a timely and confidential manner.
- Develop and administer formal and informal student assessments in order to evaluate students' progress.