To plan and implement a program which creates an environment where students can learn and develop optimally. To lead students placed under their charge toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation. The teacher shall be responsible for effective management of the class/classes or program(s) to which he/she has been assigned. The teacher shall implement an educational program responsive to student needs according to state and local policy.
- The teacher values, sequences and aligns curriculum enabling students to build their understanding of important ideas from concept to concept.
- The teacher designs and structures lessons so that learner outcomes are at an appropriate cognitive level.
- The teacher writes and plans multi-disciplinary outcomes for student learning, not student activity.
- The teacher differentiates outcomes and instruction for students of varied abilities.
- The teacher creates and/or uses a variety of assessment tools that are curriculum-aligned and challenging.
- The teacher helps students to develop skills to work purposefully and cooperatively in groups.
- The teacher facilitates lessons that engage students in different types of activities-large groups, small groups and independent work..
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university.
- Must hold a valid Louisiana Teacher Certificate.
- Additional criteria may be established by the Board.