Under the direction of the building principal, the teacher will plan and provide for appropriate learning experiences for all students assigned.
- Teaches subject area according to curriculum guidelines based on Maryland’s common core standards.
- Establishes learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs.
- Plans and implements lessons that include all essential components of a good lesson as defined by school district.
- Incorporates Dimensions of Learning and Maryland Learner Outcomes into daily instruction.
- Uses a variety of teaching techniques and strategies including differentiation of instruction when appropriate.
- Uses technology as an integral part of instruction.
- Ensures that students are physically active and engaged.
- Collaborates with other faculty in delivery of appropriate instructional approaches.
- Develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedures, and maintains order in the classroom or gym in a consistent and fair manner.
- Takes all necessary precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Facilitates in the resolution of problems that might arise with students and parents.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field of education from an accredited college or university.
- Must be certified to teach physical education in grades Pre K – 12. Or, must be certification eligible upon hire.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with students, parents, staff and the community.
- Basic arithmetic skills are required.