Under the direction of the school leader, the general education teacher plans, organizes, and implements an appropriate instructional program and learning environment for students in a variety of educational settings. The person in this position is responsible for creating a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Uses relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manages student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- B.A./B.S. degree in teaching in appropriate subject area.
- One to three years of teaching experience is preferred.
- Experience teaching in alternative school setting - Preferred.