The classroom teacher will be responsible for the planning and delivery of engaging high-quality instruction to all students. They will use a variety of methodologies and curriculum resources to ensure that all students meet or exceed grade level priority standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all practices.
- Utilize a variety of researched-based instructional techniques, strategies, and methods in all content areas.
- Utilize multi-tiered systems of support to identify and address barriers to learning.
- Leverage student support systems to ensure that students’ social, emotional, academic, nutritional, and health needs are addressed.
- Implement a tiered system of instruction within the classroom to meet the needs of all students
- Utilize data to inform instructional decisions for all tiers of instruction.
- Understand, value, and positively respond to the unique traits of all students.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students by connecting classroom and school-wide positive behavior supports and systems.
- The ability to prioritize student-learning needs over the customs, routines, and established relationships that can stand in the way of necessary change.
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certification with proper grade level (k-12).
- Endorsement/s for Physical Education and Health (MX=Health & PE, MA=Health, MB=PE, MC=Health & PE).
- Bachelors degree including all courses required to meet credential requirements.
- Major or Minor in Education.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Ability to utilize technology to enhance instruction.
- Strong collaboration with grade level peers.
- Knowledgeable about current educational research and best practices.