- Assesses student abilities as related to desired educational goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Plans and implements appropriate instructional/learning strategies and activities, including determination of appropriate kind and level or materials. Utilizes a variety of instructional materials and available multimedia and computer technology to enhance learning.
- Develops, adapts, modifies, and individualizes educational materials, resources, techniques, methods, and strategies to meet the needs of students within the City Schools curriculum framework.
- Assumes direct responsibility for the development of appropriate behavior of students within the school setting by establishing and maintaining effective discipline and management procedures.
- Manages the behavior of learners in instructional settings to ensure environment is conducive to the learning process and assists and participates in management of student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school grounds, or work site.
- Coordinates instructional activities and collaborates with others professional staff, both school and non-school-based, as required to maximize learning opportunities.
- Requests assistance of and works with resource personnel, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Education or eligible for a conditional certification in physical education (kinesiology or related field major or at least 30 credits in physical education, kinesiology or related courses).
- Bachelor's degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Valid standard professional teaching certificate appropriate to the subject taught.
- Knowledge of federal laws protecting the educational services for students with disabilities.
- Knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials, and equipment of instructional specialty to which assigned.
- Knowledge of school's program of studies related to assignments and mission, goals, and organization is preferred.
- If teaching foreign language, proficiency in oral and written communication in that language.
- If teaching choral music, ability to teach through demonstrating singing and choral techniques.