- Valid Michigan teaching certificate preferred.
- Teaching experience preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, implement, teach, and assess a comprehensive program of study.
- Develop plans and organize daily lessons so that instruction, student application, and practice are consistently addressed within the classroom.
- Plan and develop appropriate pre- and post-instruction assessments to evaluate each pupil's progress.
- Plan for appropriate use of materials and resources that motivate students to learn.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior necessary to provide an orderly and productive instructional environment conducive to teaching and learning.
- Organize classroom space and manage classroom instruction and procedures so students know what they are expected to do and learn.
- Create a learning environment of mutual respect and rapport that supports learning, as well as a sense of physical and emotional safety for all.
- Provide behavioral directions in a calm, clear, and professional manner. Use a variety of well-researched strategies so students enjoy an engaging, positive, and effective culture for learning.
Berkley School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, height, weight or any disability in its educational programs, activities or employment as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 197.