The teacher will create long-range and daily lesson plans to implement high quality, standards-based instruction for all students aligned to the Nevada Academic Content Standards (NVACS) and the Nevada Educator Performance Framework (NEPF).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer appropriate District curriculum, aligned with the NVACS.
- Ensure the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive, culturally responsive learning environment.
- Create and maintain a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning condition in the instructional environment.
- Develop and implement daily and long-range lesson plans using research-based strategies to meet the needs of all students, including but not limited to, students 2 who have been identified as at-risk and above grade level, students with individualized educational programs (IEP), and English language learners (ELL).
- Align lesson planning, instruction, reflection, and assessment practices to the NEPF.
- Analyze student data and progress with a balanced assessment system to provide effective and targeted instruction and interventions to maximize student learning.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in an elementary physical education setting.
- Works cooperatively with students, parents/guardians, peers, administration, and community members.
- Guides the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
- Establishes and communicates clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives in order to meet the needs of all students.
- Participates as an active member with all faculty and staff.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law and District policy.