Boston Public Schools seeks an exceptional Physical Education Teacher who is highly qualified and knowledgeable to join our community of teachers, learners, and leaders. This is an exciting opportunity for teachers who desire to serve where their efforts matter. In BPS, the teachers and leaders are committed to the vision of high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools.
- Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, creates cognitively demanding tasks, and models the belief that all students can master challenging material through effective effort.
- Assesses students’ understanding regularly with ambitious learning goals in mind and takes ownership of making necessary adjustments to instruction to reach goals despite setbacks.
- Passionate and optimistic about their students, their content, and the teaching profession.
- Scaffolds and differentiates instruction in order for all students to do complex thinking and rigorous academic work.
- Uses instructional practices that are likely to challenge, motivate, and engage all students and facilitate equitable, active student participation.
- Builds a productive learning environment where every student participates and is valued as part of the class community.
- Education: Hold a Bachelor's degree.
- Hold a Massachusetts Teaching License in Physical Education at the appropriate level.
- Meet all state and federal guidelines in order to be fully licensed and Highly Qualified.
- Ability to meet the Standards of Effective Teaching established by the Boston Public Schools as outlined above.
- Current authorization to work in the United States - Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment.