St. Andrew Catholic School is seeking an innovative, enthusiastic and faith-filled Physical Education Teacher/AD Director. The candidate should display a love for learning, familiarity with the latest trends in educational technology, and the ability to help children develop physical abilities and healthy habits that can last for the rest of their lives, and work well with a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches and acts in accordance with Catholic doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Understands and appropriately teaches the curriculum of the Diocese of Orlando.
- Assesses student progress in accordance with the approved procedures of the Diocese of Orlando.
- Knows, teaches and acts consistently in accordance with the mission, philosophy, objectives, and policies and procedures of the Catholic school.
- Communicates regularly with parents/guardians, colleagues and principal.
- Participates in the Diocese of Orlando Diocesan Catechist Certification Program and in Diocesan and school-sponsored professional development programs.
- Performs teaching duties as assigned by the principal.
Education and Experience:
- Candidate must have a bachelor's or higher degree with a teacher education major in physical education (preferably Education) or a bachelor's or higher degree with thirty (30) semester hours in physical education.
- Be certified by the State of Florida in Elementary Education (or be qualified to be certified).
- Practicing Catholic preferred.
- Compliance with Diocesan FBI fingerprint clearance and compliance with Safe Environment training and test requirements.
- Requires an appreciation and respect for the Catholic Church and its teachings.