Assist physical education and health teaching staff in both health and physical education classrooms. This includes supervising and directing students in class, assisting teaching staff with large groups of students, and carrying out classroom procedures as directed by the teacher(s).
- Previous experience working with children preferred but not required.
- Post-secondary coursework in educational field preferred but not required.
- Initiative to be a self-starter.
- Intuitive to the needs of the student.
- Ability to work well with classroom teacher, support staff, administrators, AEA and parents of student as part of an educational team.
- Ability to use good judgment when unexpected problems arise.
- Attend work on a prompt and regular basis.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain satisfactory and harmonious working relationships with the public, students, and other employees.
- Assist classroom teacher with educational activities.
- Take directions from teachers, building administrators.
- Follow behavior management plans for individual students.
- Maintain students’ daily behavior logs.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of students’ Individual Education Plans.
- Prepare and organize instructional materials and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and orderly instructional environment.
The Clear Creek Amana School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation or gender identity. Federal law obligates an employer to provide reasonable accommodation for the known disabilities of applicants, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship on the employer.