Rhodora J. Donahue Academy is seeking a Physical Education Teacher/Assistant Athletic Director for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Prepares comprehensive lesson plans and instructs students using a variety of teaching strategies which incorporate diocesan curriculum and Catholic teaching.
- Creates an environment of learning and adjusts plans and goals to meet the needs of the students.
- Evaluates, monitors and tracks students' performance.
- Possesses a high degree of knowledge in various elementary grade subject areas and is able to convey standard concepts, practices, and procedures clearly and accurately.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks throughout the school day to include classroom management, prayers before each class period and extra instruction as appropriate.
- Works under the general supervision of the Assistant Principal and Principal but is responsible for maintaining professional standards in accordance with Parish and Diocesan policies and in alignment with Catholic social teachings in the classroom and school.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity and latitude.
- Interacts with parents and guardians in a professional and positive manner.
- Maintains a high level of computer and technology skill; strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Principal or administration.