Provide quality instruction aligned to the state and national standards. Use a variety of assessment strategies - diagnostic, formative and summative, to inform instructional decisions and increase student self-management of learning. Rigorous inquiry-based learning tasks engage students in deep content of the discipline as well as the habits of scholarship. May be required to work as a member of the campus STEM team to ensure quality integrated instruction across disciplines.
- Teach students the required curricula using strategies that foster thinking, reasoning and problem solving.
- Collaborate with peers to develop, plan and implement best practices based on the needs/abilities of the students.
- Assess students' developmental, cognitive and social needs and provide developmentally appropriate instruction to meet those needs.
- Create lessons and learning environments that are safe, respectful and interesting as well as multicultural/gender and ability fair/developmentally appropriate.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with families in making educational decisions and use family and community resources to support learning.
- Acquire knowledge of the goals of the Minneapolis Public School District Improvement Agenda and site/school goals. Work to support and achieve those goals.
- Assess own instructional effectiveness through the Professional Development Process (PDP). Participate in ongoing and regular staff, team and individual professional development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
- Prior successful experience student teaching or teaching in an urban, multicultural education setting.
- Demonstrated continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration and/or job-embedded staff development.
- Master's or PhD preferred.