Instructional position responsible for the educational leadership of students in a group or class in an innovative charter school. The educator is expected to understand and demonstrate the use of the school’s curriculum, student instruction and assessment to maximize educational achievement for all students; work collaboratively to ensure a working and learning climate for all students that is safe, secure and respectful.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline(s) taught and makes the subject matter meaningful to students.
- Command of grades/subject specific content and theoretical knowledge of learning theory, including motivation, reinforcement, evaluation and feedback techniques.
- Develops and implements a data-driven, strategic planning system including course, unit and lesson plans.
- Develop lesson plans that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and the additional specific grade-by-grade learning standards set forth in the charter.
- Uses data for continual improvement.
- Uses classroom processes that support effective teaching and learning to promote high student achievement, designing lessons to promote all students engaged in learning all the time through such strategies as active learning, hands-on application, and teacher-student and student-student conversations about the learning.
- Effectively implements classroom management through a prompt and appropriate manner, including techniques to resolve conflict and crisis management.
- Effective instructional delivery techniques and excellent communication skills.
- Executes highly-effective pedagogy in addition to a deep knowledge in subject areas.
- Takes initiative and is resourceful in problem solving.
- Positive interpersonal skills and can work well on a team.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Possession of valid teaching certification (as appropriate).