Under the direction of the school principal, plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students. Instructs and supervises students in a variety of school-related settings. Monitors and evaluates student outcomes. Performs other duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Meets and instructs assigned classes at designated locations and times. Maintains a safe and orderly learning environment.
- Plans and implements instructional programs that adhere to system-wide goals and priorities and meet the needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Prepares and documents appropriate lesson plans, based upon adopted curricula, to teach instructional objectives.
- Creates an instructional environment that is conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Communicates standards, achievements, and deficiencies to students and parents. Meets with students and parents.
- Maintains complete and accurate student academic, attendance, and disciplinary records. Monitors and assesses students’ academic progress.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of pedagogy. Knowledge of curriculum. Knowledge of effective instructional techniques. Knowledge of instructional materials and equipment.
- Skill in instructing students. Skill in preparing and implementing lesson plans. Skill in communicating with students, their parents, administrators, and others.
- Technology competency. Knowledge of and skill in the use of database, internet, spreadsheet, word processing, and related applications.
- Ability to properly maintain confidential information.