Under the direction of the Jr/Sr High School Principal, the teacher would be working with K-12th grade students to achieve excellence in the area of Elementary and Secondary physical education.
- Minimum of BS/BA degree in Elementary Education/Physical Education.
- Possess or be eligible for a valid Michigan teaching certificate with a Health and Physical Education (MB or MX) endorsement.
- Highly Qualified by NCLB Standards.
- Able to assess and document student progress.
- Professional in personal conduct and actions.
- Strong organizational, classroom management, collaboration and communication skills.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of technology.
- Encourages student behavior that promotes character development.
- Creates and maintains effective environments for student learning.
- Uses technology to promote learning, creativity and collaboration.
- Seeks information about recent research and current best practices Collaborates with staff to plan, integrate and enhance grade-level standards in the classroom.
- Researches and attends trainings that further ones’ professional career and student success.
- Pursues professional development that supports improved classroom practice and/or contributions to the field.
- Initiates new programs that support the vision set by the district.
- Uses pre-assessments to plan differentiated instruction.