As the Physical Education Teacher you are a member of the KIPP Minnesota Instructional Team and will directly lead instruction with students. The Physical Education Teacher will plan and execute high-quality daily lessons that lead to high levels of student achievement in addition to building and supporting a school-wide culture of excellence. This is a full-time position, based at KIPP Legacy (grades K-5).
- Implement the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus.
- Create and teach highly rigorous and engaging lessons in the elective area of Physical Education.
- Assist in the development of curriculum standards and mapping.
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents.
- Create a classroom environment that is warm and demanding.
- Maintain a neat, clean classroom environment and a high level of professionalism.
- Perform morning, lunch, and afternoon duties as assigned and attend all staff meetings.
- With support from school leaders, use data to drive instructional practices to constantly improve student achievement and instruction.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the educational field.
- MN teaching license in Physical Education.
- Experience with multiple instructional designs and differentiated instruction.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to build successful relationships with students, parents and staff.