BACPS is seeking dynamic, talented, and dedicated teachers in all subject areas to join the founding school community. Teachers will serve as the primary teacher in a single subject area, collaborate with grade-level teams to implement an inquiry-based, standards-based curriculum, and serve as Crew Leaders to a crew (a group of students.)
- Further develops and refines a high-level, challenging curriculum in the subject area.
- Maintains ongoing curriculum evaluation and development to meet the needs of students.
- Collaborates with other faculty in the delivery of appropriate instructional approaches and best practices, working to serve the various learning styles and needs of students.
- Implements curriculum and instruction in a manner consistent with BACPS mission statement, including understanding, modeling, and fostering independent thinking skills, creative problem solving, and abstract reasoning.
- Facilitates and mediates positive and restorative resolution of problems that might arise with students and/or parents.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in applicable field of study/education from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the teaching and learning process and expertise in the specific content area.
- Classroom teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with challenge groups in a standards-based environment, including utilizing assessments to place students, flexible pacing, flexible instruction, grouping and regrouping, acceleration, enrichment, and independent study to meet student needs.
- Demonstrated success in effectively solving challenging problems through a positive, collaborative approach.
- Bilingual English/Spanish desirable.