Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establishes a safe and supportive environment that is conducive to learning and enables each student to demonstrate agency, ownership, and reflection.
- Designs and implements authentic and engaging learning experiences using the Virginia Standards of Learning, LCPS curriculum, competencies, and strategies to maximize student achievement using a variety of tools and instructional resources.
- Personalizes instruction based upon the needs of students.
- Assesses student growth as related to educational goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Adheres to LCPS Assessment and Grading policy and guidelines.
- Monitors and supports behavior of students in an instructional setting; assists and participates in management of student behavior in other parts of the school, playgrounds, and during lunch.
- Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with colleagues, students, parents, and the community to promote and support student learning.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Holds or eligible for a Virginia teaching license, with an endorsement in appropriate subject area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of elementary content, curriculum, and methodology of effective teaching.
- Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with students, peers, administrators, and parents.
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communications; excellent human relations skills.