- Classroom Culture: Build a safe and productive classroom culture. Positive relationships are evident, procedures are clear, and the classroom is safe and secure for learning to unfold. Student and teacher interactions promote a growth mindset.
- Family & Community: Consistently develop strong relationships with students’ families while diligently informing parents of expectations, positive news, and/or concerns about their children. Provide opportunities for parents to be involved in their children’s learning.
- Professional Responsibilities: Actively participates in professional learning communities (PLCs) with colleagues in order to improve teaching and student learning. Reflect on instruction and leadership while contributing ideas, expertise, and time to the mission and goals of the school.
- Teaching candidates must hold a valid state of Tennessee teaching certification in Physical Education K-12 or be upcoming graduates in an accredited teacher preparation program. If you hold a teaching license in another state, you must apply for a Tennessee teaching license.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree.