- Demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of the subject matters.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the developmental levels of students in the classroom and the different ways the students learn.
- Design units and lessons with measurable objectives that are aligned to the state standards, common core, and adopted curriculum of the Hampshire Regional School District.
- Design and administer a variety of formal and informal assessments to determine student learning.
- Integrate differentiated instruction, technology, and critical thinking skills to enhance instructional strategies and increase student learning.
- Engage students by having high expectations, using strong and varied instructional practices, and tiered instruction.
- Accommodate all students’ needs including students with different disabilities, language proficiency, learning styles, interests, and readiness level.
- Create and maintain a safe physical and intellectual environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MA License in Physical Education 5-12 required, additional license in Health All preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working with curriculum accommodations to support students on IEPs and English Language Learners.
- Superior interpersonal skills/ability to communicate and interact with parents, staff, and students.
- SEI Endorsement preferred