A good physical therapist is one who can develop an achievable plan of care and help a patient through that plan. A great physical therapist is one who develops a realistic plan with measurable goals tailored to each patient’s situation. A great physical therapist works with more than just the patient, involving the physician, family and other healthcare providers as needed. A great physical therapist doesn’t just go through the motions, instead listening carefully to a patient’s concerns, monitoring progress, and adjusting plans as needed. We are looking for a great physical therapist.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Establish a plan of care that is realistic and has measurable goals.
- Communicate and involve other disciplines, physician, family and patient in developing care plan.
- Provide those services or treatments requiring physical therapist skill according to the written patient care plan and the signed plan of treatment.
- Demonstrate understanding of correlation between OASIS assessments and outcomes reporting.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED:
- Identify personal learning needs. Seek opportunities for continued learning.
- Utilize time productively.
- Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in patient care practice.
- Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
- Demonstrate tact and understanding when dealing with others. Respond in a positive manner to constructive criticism.
- Assist with the orientation of new staff.