Under the general supervision of the Rehab Manager or supervisor, performs Physical Therapy examinations, develops treatment plans and establishes treatment goals with patient input, and applies interventions in accordance with Standards of Practice of the profession , applicable state licensure regulations, and Newton Wellesley Hospital policies and procedures to a variety of patients ranging from newborn to geriatric in age.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Directs, implements and evaluates patient care, with a clinical assignment in relation to department need.
- Establishes treatment plans and goals with patient input.
- Documents and communicates necessary patient information.
- Delegates and supervises patient related tasks to assistants, aides and support personnel.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to provide coordinated interdisciplinary patient care.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS:
Licensed, by the Division of Professional Licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (The Board of Allied Health is required for Physical and Occupational Therapists; the Board of Speech and Language Pathologists and Audiologists for Speech Therapists). CPR training is required annually.