The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients, upon physician referral, to maximize the patient’s functional abilities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats patients.
- Documents patient evaluation, patient cares plans, and treatment progress on Medical Records, completes Medicare recertification’s and discharge planning.
- Supervises PT and PTA students and observers as assigned.
- Assists in developing and implementing department programs.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to sit for up to ninety minutes at a time.
- Be able to tolerate standing for thirty to forty-five minutes consecutively.
- Must be able to use hands/fingers to manipulate dials on machines.
- Must have the ability to lift/move patients up to 200 lbs., push/pull patients weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Must have the ability to occasionally stoop/bend, squat, crouch, kneel and reach above shoulder level.
- Must be capable of tactile sensation as it relates to feeling for muscle spasms, texture and skin temperature.