Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes complete responsibility over the course of physical therapy patient management from the time of initial contact to discharge for functional progress, safety and treatment outcome as evidenced by team feedback and documentation. Demonstrating creative problem solving and diversity when adapting the treatment to special circumstances as evidenced by team feedback and documentation.
- Documents the results of the evaluation completely along with daily progress notes that reflect patient's response to treatment, actual performance, and an assessment as to status, including discharge notes that include a summary of the course of treatment, progress toward goals, discharge needs, recommendations for follow-up, and patient and/or family education as evidenced by chart review and team feedback. This must be done clearly, concisely and legibly within established time frames.
- Completes all administrative and other responsibilities in support of the operating unit in a timely manager. Must also demonstrate fiscal responsibility and knowledge about (e.g. supplies, equipment, billing, staff resources) used in the department as evidenced by team feedback and observation and maintains productivity standards set by department/clinic and makes efficient use of non-billable time, minimizing use of non-billable time.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy.
- Virginia Physical Therapist license in good standing.
- While one year experience in a Physical Therapy setting is desired, we will accept new graduates of licensed physical therapy program.
- Must also have BLS/CPR certification from the American Heart Association upon start.