- Evaluates and assesses the patient's abilities and limitations.
- Establishes plan of treatment and goals based on the referral and evaluation of functional skills, joint mobility, gait, developmental reflexes, muscle strength, tone, and coordination, sensation tests, and other measures to ensure rapid patient recovery.
- Implements therapy according to the established plan, utilizing appropriate procedures, equipment and techniques within the scope of physical therapy.
- May participate in wound management through wound debridement, dressing changes, exercise, stretching and splinting.
- Recommends adaptive equipment, completes the equipment justification forms and arranges for the delivery of equipment.
- Current RQI Healthcare Provider eCredential through the University of Utah Health RQI system. The eCredential is to be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Current license to practice as a Physical Therapist in the State of Utah, or obtain one within 90 days of hire under the Physical Therapy Compact if switching residency to State of Utah. Must maintain current Physical Therapy Compact (multi-state) license if residency is not being changed to Utah.
University of Utah Heath Hospitals and Clinics, a part of The University of Utah, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or protected veteran's status.