To provide the highest level of patient care while accessing, interpreting, planning and implementing prescribed physical therapy treatment plans.
- Plans and administers medically prescribed physical therapy (PT) treatments for patients suffering from injuries or disease and to restore function, prevent disability and relieve pain.
- Consults with physicians and/or other departments about the impact of PT factors on patient health status.
- Documents findings, treatments and other patient information for medical record as necessary.
- Bills patients according to proper procedures.
- Educates patient/family on appropriate care and use of various therapies and/or exercises
- Serves as an information and education resource for patients, families and other members of the therapy staff.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Recommends solutions to patient care problems.
- 2 years of related work experience preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy required. BLS certification required.
- Current Physical Therapy state license.