The Staff Physical Therapist, the Physical Therapist II, reports to the Manager and provides both direct and indirect patient care services. The P.T. II works primarily with adult and geriatric patients from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, although pediatric and adolescent may also be treated.
- Minimum of 12 months outpatient experience as a licensed therapist.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to recognize signs of distress.
- Basic computer skills in word processing and on line communication.
- Possession of good interpersonal, time management, problem solving and self-initiation skills.
- Prior 3-5 years physical therapy experience in an academic medical center environment.
- Prior experience working on an interdisciplinary health provider team.
- Possession of an advanced degree or certificate in Physical Therapy from an accredited professional educational program.
- EMR documentation experience.